Friday, August 10, 2007

Prosper seeks accountant

Prosper has posted a help wanted ad on Craigslist for a senior accountant. Less than two months ago they used Craigslist to find an account manager. This is a time of growth and hiring for peer to peer lending sites. Here's a short excerpt from the job description:

Reporting to the Controller, this position will be responsible for assisting with the month-end close, including journal entries, account reconciliations and variance analysis within the corporation. In addition, position will work closely with department heads to provide financial information as needed. Special projects will be assigned as identified.

I'm glad to see Prosper grow. What surprises me is the odd places that I find company announcements and news. Prosper does not have a blog. Instead they rely on an official company forum for announcements. I very rarely find announcements there. Instead I find them at Rateladder or TechCrunch. I'd nominate Rateladder to be Prosper's official company blog but I've seen Loanio ads up lately. That might not go over too well.

As it is, I count on Rateladder and deep web searches to keep me up to date with Prosper news.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nomination... I am happy to be plugged in at several of the p2p lending networks... I dont think giving exlusivity to Prosper is in the cards.

A Great New Idea in Online Investing