Happy birthday to Prosper Lending Review! We have been blogging for over a year now. In June 2007 my brother Matt told me about Prosper, a P2P lending site, that he had been funding loans on for about a year. I was immediately intrigued. On June 15, 2006 we launched Prosper Lending Review – a blog about the P2P lending marketplace with a focus on Prosper lenders.
Since then we have watched Lending Club grow, GlobeFunder launch, Virgin Money purchase Circle Lending, Zopa move to the U.S. and Fynanz launch. We expect to see Loanio launch soon and keep watching Canada to see if CommunityLend or IOU Central will open their doors. It's an exciting time for P2P lending and we are happy to be part of it.
Here's a look back at the past year. These are the most popular articles on the site as measured by the number of unique visitors.
- A Prosper scam: The story of Jessica Wolcott
- Revolution Money Exchange offers $25 sign-up bonus
- How does Prosper compare to other investments?
- Prosper: A hands-on education in risk management
- Why does Revolution Money Exchange require my social security number?
- Borrowing money to lend on Prosper: Wise or Foolish?
- When to bid on Prosper loans
- Why would a borrower use Prosper instead of a bank?
- Fynanz to tackle peer to peer student loan niche
- P2P Lending Review: Best of 2007
These are the top 10 referring blogs and forums over the past year.
- Prosper's official forum - The official forum was a great source of traffic before it closed in November 2007. The archived forum can be found here. I do not receive significant traffic from the new forum.
- P2PNoBank - blog aggregate run by Rateladder
- Prospers.org - great unofficial forum and wiki
- Prosper Report
- Personal Loan Portfolio
- Lazy Man and Money
- Ted's take
- Lending Club's official blog - I have written a few guest posts for Lending Club.
What are people looking for when they come to Prosper Lending Review from Google? Here are the top 10 search terms driving traffic from search engines:
- prosper lending
- revolution money exchange
- prosper review
- prosper blog
- revolution money exchange scam
- jessica wolcott
- prosper scam
- prosper lending review
Again, it's an exciting time for P2P lending. Stay with us over the coming weeks and months as we continue to follow the P2P lending marketplace.